In scientific terms Cancer, Sometimes referred as Tumour, is the uncontrolled and abnormal growth of the Cells in any living being. Often these cells have the capability of invading the other cells present in the organism. Study of Cancer is coined as Oncology and study of the behaviour of the Cancer cells inside an Organism is termed as Cancer Biology.
Cancer Biology helps us in understanding why the cells divide in abnormal manner, when and what are the possible consequences of this. This study also helps us in Prevention and Curing of the Oncogenesis.
Study of the behaviour of these Cancer Cells involves many approaches. Most of the times Cancer Biology is studied taking animal models into consideration. Many of the Ground-breaking innovations in Cancer Studies are brought after understanding the behaviour of these Cancer Cells.
- Track 1-1 Opportunities in Cancer Biology Research
- Track 2-2 Cancer therapeutic resistance
- Track 3-3 Research on Causes of Cancer
- Track 4-4 Modelling of cancer progression and development
- Track 5-5 Cancer Genomics
- Track 6-6 Pharmacologic Treatments